|Thumbnail gallery plugin by SoftSift|
Hari Raya Haji falls on November 17th in 2010. Hence, taking the opportunity to wish friends a Happy Hari Raya Haji!
A friend sent me a list of Universal Truths. Some of them are really factual and I have no denial about them. But these are for your laughter.
1. I think part of a best friend’s job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I’m pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren’t going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don’t want to have to restart my collection…again.
13. I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. “Do not machine wash or tumble dry” means I will never wash this – ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What did you do after I didn’t answer? Drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
17. I keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than K.
20. I wish Google Maps had an “Avoid Ghetto” routing option.
21. Sometimes, I’ll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
22. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I’m trying to finish a text.
24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
25. How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear or understand a word they said?
26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent an ass from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
28. There’s no worse feeling than that millisecond you’re sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
29. Sometimes I’ll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
30. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey – but I’d bet my behind everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
At the end of the day, we have already lived that long to experience them. So, why bother to regret? Live life to the fullest…
Today, I decided to take a brave step forward to accept a new set of Google AdSense’s Terms and Conditions. The new set of terms was rolled out in 2008 and I have been hesitating to agree to this.
One of the main reasons is because – if nothing is broken, don’t attempt to repair it. I am receiving payments from Google fine until today. In fact, I wanted to keep it that way, if not for the email that Google sent out that all users will be automatically be set into the new terms and conditions, despite whether we agree or not.
I think it makes a lot of difference, because the new contracting agreement is with Google Ireland instead of Google Inc., where the complication of VAT is involved. I wished there could be more documentation around to read; but I supposed these are not readily available first hand.
One interesting piece of information that I came across today is revenue sharing. I was astonished to see over 50% of revenue sharing between Google and publishers. It means For $100 that publishers earn, publishers actually receive only (approximately) $50!
Looks like, there is a need to look out for more alternative solutions…
I found this clip on one of the websites (Disclaimer: I don’t own this). It is quite hilarious and funny. I wondered was the football player in white doing it on purpose and sending the opponent out of the pitch in an incredible fashion – that you surely don’t want to be missed.
Due to its large file (basically to preserve bandwidth on the front page), I’ve attached the clip below (after clicking continue to the post itself).