Just a day after SP Services announced that it would raise electricity tariffs by 0.76 cents in the 1st quarter of 2011, Singapore’s Ministry of Finance (MOF) released a statement that they would disburse utilities rebates, so called U-Save, to help offset the increase in the tariffs.
According to the disbursement, Singaporeans will stand to receive the rebates two times; one in January 2011 and second time in July 201. The rebate amount depends on the HDB Flat Type.
With the rising cost of living, I’m sure this is very much welcomed by everyone living in Singapore, especially those who owns a HDB flat. Nonetheless, just hopefully that the increased tariff won’t be too much.
Update: As the U-Save rebate will carry on for the next 5 years from 2007 till 2012, I’ve updated the relevant information to include January 2012.
In 2011, electricity tariff will increase by at least 3.3 percent, according to SP (Singapore Power) Services. This means we will expect the cost to rise by 0.76 cents to about 24.1 cents per kWh.
With the increase of oil up to $100 per barrel, things have started to increase island wide.
Hopefully, F1 (Formula One) can stop its industry and we can see prices drop back to normal. This is just getting too expensive.
|Thumbnail gallery plugin by SoftSift|
This would be a piece of very interesting one-liners for everyone to check it out.
- A printer consists of 3 main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray and the blinking red light.
- The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.
- The trouble with being punctual is that no one is there to appreciate it.
- Whenever I find the key to success, someone changes the lock.
- Hot glass looks same as cold glass. – Cunino’s Law of Burnt Fingers
- Smile, it makes people wonder what you are thinking.
- It’s not hard to meet expenses, they are everywhere.
- In a country of free speech, why are there phone bills?
- If you can’t convince them, confuse them.
- It’s not the fall that kills you. It’s the sudden stop at the end.
- The road to success…. Is always under construction.
- Alcohol doesn’t solve any problem, but if you think again, neither does Milk.
- I say no to alcohol, it just doesn’t listen.
- Work is fine if it doesn’t take too much of your time.
- Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don’t have film.
- All the desirable things in life are either illegal, expensive, fattening or in love with someone else!
So, what do you think? Makes sense?
Check out the attached video clip of accidents happening due to trucks.
Download Link: Truck Disaster Video Clip [5MB]
Today, everyone should know by now who is Julian Assange, the co-founder of WikiLeaks.
In one of the WikiLeaks archives, Cenk Uyger has managed to get a 15-minute interview with this person. Listen to his response, how careful he was in interpreting the questions asked. This is the type of video, which the citizens and public should really take time to listen to.
Now, bias aside, it’s politically motivating – make sure you listen with an open mind.
According to the development blog, there are minimal changes to the features of WordPress 3.0.x version; most of which are bug fixes and addressing issues found in the predecessor.
Nonetheless, I guess being adventurous enough, why not give it a go to find it out for myself, albeit at the risk of bringing down my site.
So far, the experience has been quite good. I’ll continue to monitor and perhaps, if you are doing so likewise, any issue found you may want to report back to WordPress here. And if you are interested in trying out the beta version, you can download the file from the link below.
Download Link: WordPress 3.1 Beta 2
Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta version has been in the Internet Browser market for quite some time. However, I just felt disappointed that some developers did not attempt to follow up quicker to make changes to their existing browser plugin, such as Gmail Space, also previously known as GSpace.
Rahul Jonna, owner of GSpace, could have possibly done better to stay abreast of the browser plugin, but it was just really disappointing. Anyway, as far as end-users are concerned, those who have been using GSpace may have to end up using the previous Firefox version 3, in order to utilise the plugin.
Let’s hope Rahul has more time to make this happen in Firefox 4 soon.