Bought an Acer XC-605 for Home Use
This year, I celebrated a milestone (x number of years) in my company. As such, I am given an incentive of $500 to reimburse for any selected list of items for personal use. I realized that my home machine is more than 10 years old (Dell Inspiron Laptop 5150), and I do need to have a totally new system. This “opportunity” comes in handy.
After in the IT industry for quite a long time, I come to learn that one can never really keep up with the technology. So, it makes my decision easier – I went for a simple basic home desktop (instead of a laptop) that does not cost anywhere more than S$1000. Given that I do have a working, powerful 22-inch monitor at home (HP w2207h), I basically purchased the bare-bone system.
Below is my system specification:
- Brand and Model: Acer Aspire XC-605
- Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i3 processor 4150
- Graphics: Intel HD graphics
- Hard Drive: 1TB Hard drive
- Memory: 4GB DDR3 Memory
- Optical Drive: DVD-Super Multi drive
- Card Reader: Card reader built-in
- Networking: Integrated LAN 10/100/1000 & Wireless LAN+Bluetooth
- Others: HDMI, Bluetooth, USB 3.0
If there is any downside, it’s only that the drive is still using the conventional hard disk drive instead of the solid-state drive, and the graphics is integrated. Otherwise, this machine is considerably good enough for home use and running the latest Microsoft Windows operating system. Maybe, I hope to keep this system for the next 10 years (possible?)