FireStats error : Error connecting to database

GeoSmart Does Not Work

October 8, 2009 · Posted in Site Info 

GeoSmart WordPress Plugin

I have installed GeoSmart plugin for WordPress on my site, but for some reasons, it does not seem to work. According to the author, all I need to do is to “Synchronize” the GeoSmart database and that start the system. I tried a couple of times, but seems to have failed.

GeoSmart Comments Map

In addition to that, I was not able to view the Google Map images on the Comments Map (see above). I hope someone can help me resolve this issue, as I am completely clueless if this has something got to do with my Google Map API Key or the blogging system.

SociBook Digg Facebook Google Yahoo Buzz StumbleUpon


5 Responses to “GeoSmart Does Not Work”

  1. Samuel Folkes Jamaica Windows 7 Google Chrome on October 13th, 2009 11:17 pm


    GeoSmart has been updated to version 1.5 and has quite a few new features and fixes some bugs particularly an incompatibility with the plugin wp-super-cache. Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.


  2. Keith Neo United States Windows XP Mozilla Firefox 3.5.4 on October 13th, 2009 11:37 pm

    Hi Sam,
    It’s now even worst. It completely reveals the wordPress database error, as shown below:

    WordPress database error: [Unknown column ‘country_code’ in ‘field list’]
    SELECT country, region, country_code FROM wp_geosmart WHERE comment_id = 8838

  3. […] caused it more issue to it. Sam actually did try to help by dropping a comment on the previous GeoSmart post; but I guess it’s not much […]

  4. Samuel Folkes Jamaica Windows 7 Google Chrome on October 14th, 2009 12:45 am


    I just checked in version 1.5.2 which addresses this issue. Its caused by a conflict with database tables created by versions prior to 1.5 and the new version. You should be able to upgrade now via your admin panel. Please let me know how it works out for you.


  5. […] have written on GeoSmart plugin for WordPress over the last 3 posts – the initial post, GeoSmart 1.5 release and resolving database issues. Recently, I noticed that there is some […]