Maid – What To Look Out For
For quite some time, I have been doing some research on hiring a maid in Singapore. I asked myself what are the things I should look out for, and where should I start? As an advice, it is always important to ask yourself, what do you want a maid for, and what’s the purpose? Based on personal experience (everyone has their own priorities), below is my list.
First, start with Objective:
- Perform daily routine household chores.
- Take care of children or infants.
- Prepare meals.
- Regular maintenance of hygiene and cleanliness in the house.
- carry out odd-chores and/or run errands.
Then, the next most important factor is Requirement:
- Ability to communicate (I will suggest this as top priority for anyone looking for a maid).
- Hygiene and clean.
- No medical issue (fit and healthy).
- No negative track record, such as stealing.
- Overseas experience?
- Marital status?
- Has children?
- Country of origin?
From there, you should be able to streamline the choices to help you choose your “right” maid. Once again, there is still an element of luck involved.