Setup POP to Access NUIM Mail
It took me quite some time to figure out how to do that. Not because of its level of difficulty, but rather due to the lack of time to work on this. I’ve managed to find out how to connect to the email account of National University of Ireland, Maynooth (NUIM).
I will only provide POP3 support here (IMAP is not supported). The configurations are as follow:
- User account: your NUIM student user account
- Password: your NUIM student user password
- POP3 Server: mail.nuim.ie
- SMTP Server: mail.nuim.ie
- Authentication: disable APOP, enable SSL (both incoming and outgoing mails)
With that, you should be able to download emails directly from the server.
Note: The reason why I am doing this is to facilitate the migration of all my emails that I used NUIM account to communicate. I did not realise that NUIM is going to close down my account upon graduation. Having to manually forward the emails will really take a lot of my time. So, this actually saves me a lot of effort.