WordPress Upgraded to Version 4.3
It has been quite some time since I last logged onto my WordPress. Today, I just happened to came in to take a look, so there are a few plugins and the WordPress version to be upgraded.
The first thing I knew I had to do is to upgrade my WordPress version to 4.3 (latest), to ensure the security flaws and bugs are fixed. Below are some of the new stuffs that comes along with this version.
- Formatting Shortcuts while using visual editor.
- Use * or – to start an unordered list.
- Use 1. or 1) to start an ordered list.
- Use ## for H2 and ### for H3 (etc, through H6).
- Use > to transform text into blockquote.
- All new pages that you create will have comments turned off by default.
- Menus can now be managed with the Customizer, which allows you to see “live” preview changes without changing your site for visitors until you are ready.
- Customizer improvements including enhanced accessibility, smoother menu creation and location assignment, and the ability to handle nameless menus.
- Take control of another piece of your site with the Site Icon feature. You can now manage your site’s favicon and app icon from the Admin area.
- Customize link added in the toolbar to swiftly make changes to your site.
- Better Passwords. Password field will be automatically filled with a strong password, while adding new users and resetting the password.
More information can be found here.